Keep Your Immune System Healthy
Keep Your Immune System Healthy
A healthy immune system is your most vigorous defense against everything from the flu to a skin rash. Our bodies are programmed to fight back against foreign invaders naturally, and sometimes we don’t even realize we’re about to get sick because our bodies are that quick at reacting.
Unfortunately, things in our environment will keep our immune systems from being 100% effective all the time. That’s when the influenza virus sneaks in or when ringworm appears suddenly. There are many different reasons why our immune system may not always be up to par, but luckily we can give our body an extra boost! Follow these tips to ensure your immune system is always at the top of its game.
Eat Lots and Lots of Fruits and Vegetables… and Then Eat Some More!
Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants, which are natural immune boosters. Nutritionists consider foods rich in antioxidants to be ‘superfoods,’ and rightly so, with all beneficial properties!
Let’s break it down: What is an antioxidant?
Antioxidants are vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that protect and repair cells from damage. So-called ‘free radicals can damage cells,’ unstable cells that occur naturally in the body during metabolism or when the immune system creates them to neutralize an invader. As long as you take in plenty of antioxidants to keep these free radicals in check, your immune system will not suffer. However, a diet devoid of antioxidant-packed fruits and veggies may become compromised. The moral of the story: instead of eating cookies for that afternoon snack have an apple or a box of raisins.
Take Multivitamins and Immune Boosters
Multivitamins supplement what the body already takes in to ensure you get enough vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Your doctor can even run blood tests to find out specifically which nutrients you are deficient in, but in the meantime, a multivitamin is always recommended. We all lead hectic lives, and it can be challenging to ensure each meal has the necessary vitamins and minerals to hit your daily requirement, so do yourself a favor and add a multivitamin to your routine.
Another way to ensure your immune system is functioning at its best is to take an immune booster, such as Naturasil Immune Renew. Immune boosters serve as dietary supplements but are more focused on supplementing essential nutrients needed to keep your immune system healthy. Naturasil Immune Renew is an all-natural formula that enhances T-Cell and Natural Killer Cell activity. These cells produced by your immune system destroy any unhealthy cells in the body on contact. An immune booster will help your body fight off any current illnesses, and it will help ward off future invaders that may try to launch an attack.
Other Tips for Leading a Healthy Lifestyle
Leading a healthy lifestyle will, of course, keep your body healthier regularly. With that being said, here are a few extra tips to keep you headed down the right path:
- Don’t smoke – We all know where that can lead.
- As stated above, eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables. Whole grains also provide beneficial nutrients to support the immune system, so ensure each meal contains an adequate amount. You should also avoid foods with high levels of saturated fat.
- Exercise regularly – a body stays in motion, so get into a regular exercise habit.
- Drink alcohol in moderation, if at all.
- Get adequate sleep – Most people require 6-8 hours of sleep every night to feel refreshed in the morning. If that’s not possible, try to adjust your schedule to make time for a 20-30 minute afternoon nap.
- Avoid infection as much as possible – Wash your hands frequently, cook meats thoroughly, etc.
- Last but not least, see your doctor regularly and be involved in your health and well-being! By getting involved and understanding what your doctor tells you, you are more likely to lead a healthier lifestyle and reduce the risk of health problems you may incur.
Nobody likes to get sick, but as you can see, there are simple and easy things you can do to promote your health. Get involved and help your immune system fight off sickness!