Keep Your Immune System Healthy
A healthy immune system is your strongest defense against everything from the flu to a skin rash. Our bodies are programmed to naturally fight back against foreign invaders, and sometimes we don’t even realize we’re about to get sick because our bodies are that quick at reacting.
Unfortunately, there are things in our environment that will keep our immune systems from being at 100% effectiveness all the time. That’s when the influenza virus sneaks in or when ringworm appears suddenly. There are a lot of different reasons why our immune system may not always be up to par, but luckily we can give our body’s an extra boost! Follow these tips to make sure your immune system is always at the top of its game.
Eat Lots and Lots of Fruits and Vegetables… and Then Eat Some More!
Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants, which are natural immune boosters. Nutritionists consider foods rich in antioxidants to be ‘super foods,’ and rightly so with all of the beneficial properties!
Let’s break it down: What is an antioxidant? Antioxidants are vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that protect and repair cells from damage. Cells can be damaged by what are known as ‘free radicals,’ unstable cells that occur naturally in the body during metabolism or when the immune system creates them to neutralize an invader. As long as you take in plenty of antioxidants to keep these free radicals in check, your immune system will not suffer. However, a diet devoid of antioxidant-packed fruits and veggies may become compromised. The moral of the story: instead of eating cookies for that afternoon snack, have an apple or a box of raisins.
Take Multivitamins and Immune Boosters
Multivitamins supplement what the body already takes in to make sure you are getting enough vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Your doctor can even run blood tests to find out specifically which nutrients you are deficient in, but in the meantime a multivitamin is always recommended. We all lead very busy lives and it can be difficult to ensure each meal has the necessary vitamins and minerals to hit your daily requirement, so do yourself a favor and add a multivitamin to your routine.
Another way to make sure your immune system is functioning at its best is to take an immune booster, such as Naturasil Immune Renew. Immune boosters function as a dietary supplement, but are more focused on supplementing important nutrients needed to keep your immune system healthy. Naturasil Immune Renew is an all-natural formula that enhances T-Cell and Natural Killer Cell activity. These are the cells produced by your immune system that destroy any unhealthy cells in the body on contact. Not only will an immune booster help your body fight off any current illnesses, it will help ward off future invaders that may try to launch an attack.
Other Tips for Leading a Healthy Lifestyle
Leading a healthy lifestyle in general will, of course, keep your body healthier on a regular basis. With that being said, here are a few extra tips to keep you headed down the right path:
- Don’t smoke – We all know where that can lead
- As stated above, eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables. Whole grains also provide beneficial nutrients to support the immune system, so make sure each meal contains an adequate amount. You should also avoid foods with high levels of saturated fat.
- Exercise regularly – a body in motion stays in motion, so get in a regular habit of exercise.
- Drink alcohol in moderation, if at all.
- Get adequate sleep – Most people require 6-8 hours of sleep every night to wake up feeling refreshed in the morning. If that’s not a possibility for you, try to adjust your schedule to make time for a 20-30 minute afternoon nap.
- Avoid infection as much as you can – Wash your hands frequently, cook meats thoroughly, etc.
- Last, but not least, see your doctor regularly and be involved in your own health and well-being! By getting involved and understanding what your doctor tells you, you are more likely to lead a healthier lifestyle and reduce the risk of health problems you may incur.
Nobody likes to get sick, but as you can see there are simple and easy things you can do to promote your own health. Get involved and help your immune system fight off sickness!