Pumpkins the Healthy Fall Food
October 2, 2018
It’s October, and chances are you have already had or are going to carve one of those bright orange pumpkins to sit on your porch to show you have the Halloween spirit. Heck you may leave it for November decor as well.
But what if I were to tell you that pumpkin can do so much more good in your tummy - then where would that good ol’ Jack-O-Lantern be?
Who knew pumpkin was so good for you? We did, of course, and here are some benefits you can get by carving a pumpkin for dinner or a snack rather than for the front porch.
1. Pumpkin keeps your eyesight sharp. According to the National Institute of Health, one cup of cooked, mashed pumpkin contains more than 200% of the recommended daily vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential in aiding vision, especially in dim light.
2. The Skinny on Pumpkins - they help with weight loss. With 3 grams per one-cup serving and only 49 calories, pumpkin is an excellent source of fiber which keeps you feeling full longer on fewer calories. People on a fiber-rich diet seem to eat less, which means pounds get shed.
3. Have you ever seen a wrinkled pumpkin? NO! So imagine what it can do for your skin. Health magazine reports that the same free-radical-neutralizing powers of the carotenoids in pumpkin that may keep cancer cells at bay can also help to keep the skin wrinkle-free.
4. After a hard workout - no banana for me - give me a pumpkin! Did you know a cup of cooked pumpkin has more potassium - 564 mg than a banana with 422 mg? Extra potassium helps the body to restore the balance of electrolytes and helps to keep muscles operating at their best.
5. Attention Men - Pumpkin Seeds are great for Prostate Health. Pumpkin seeds have been valued as an important natural food for men’s health. This is due to their high zinc content, vital for prostate health (where it is found in the highest concentrations in the body), and also because pumpkin seed extracts and oils may play a role in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH, or enlarged prostate). Research suggests that both pumpkin seed oil and pumpkin seeds may be particularly beneficial in supporting prostate health.
6. Pumpkin Seeds and Anti-Inflammatory Benefits - The pumpkin seed oil has been found to exhibit anti-inflammatory effects. One study even found it worked as well as the anti-inflammatory drug indomethacin in treating arthritis, but without the side effects.
Candida Support - Yeast Balance and Intestinal Health - Vegetarian Formula - 90 Capsules
These ingredients help to support a healthy balance of intestinal bacteria that normally populate the gut assisting in the digestion of food, producing certain vitamins, and promoting detoxification processes.
Mega Allicin | 100% Allicin from Premium Garlic | 30 Count
Patented and scientifically proven allicin powder, one of nature's most well-known agents used for centuries to support natural health and well-being.
Immune Renew with Standardized Astragalus Extract - Vegetarian Formula - 90 capsules
Aids the immune system response in naturally fighting off current and future illnesses, as well as combating damaging substances we encounter daily*